So I had a throbbing headache for about 36 hours a couple of days ago, and it was horrible.
I had to leave work early because of it, but now I'm feeling fine and heading to work headache-free! I met up with my friend Emma and we scoured downtown Toronto for a willow tree of the Salix genus, as this contains salicin which metabolizes in the human body as salicylic acid, a natural form of aspirin. It was clearly a success!
First, I have to say that I tried real Advil for my headache, and it did nothing. Then Tuesday night I made a willow bark and bergamot tea, and here's how I did it! The following is for one or two people.
1. COLLECT 5-10 willow leaves, 3-6 pieces of willow bark (inner bark is best) and 5-10 bergamot leaves. Leaves can be fresh or dried.
2. WASH the willow leaves and bark, and bergamot leaves in cold water.
3. BREW 1.5-3 cups of water with the plants (let boil for 5-7 minutes) , let stand and steep for about 10 minutes.
4. FLAVOUR and COOL with sugar and soy/ almond milk.
Willow bark- noted as one ingredient of which I must have a constant collection. Not only did this tea vanquish my headache, the bergamot calmed me down to have a good night's sleep. LOVE IT.
Thursday, October 25, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 notes to leave behind:
Post a Comment